PURPOSE: This scholarship fund has been established by OKRID in memory of Donna Hayes, who had a strong aspiration to achieve her national certification.
Because Donna’s life was cut short, she was unable to realize this goal. We are confident she would be honored for her fellow OKRID members to receive assistance in achieving this same goal in her name.
Scholarship recipients will receive a stipend to be applied toward the expense of taking one portion of an RID certification examination. The balance of the Scholarship Fund at the time of application will determine the amount of the award.
- Applicant must be a resident of Oklahoma.
- Applicant must have been a member of OKRID in good standing for two consecutive membership years.
- Applicant must be a member in good standing of RID.
- Award recipient(s) will be determined by a majority vote of the Scholarship/Awards Committee members.
- The balance in the Scholarship Fund at the time of application will determine the amount of the award. The amount of the award shall not exceed the fee for any one portion of the test. The total amount awarded cannot exceed the balance in the scholarship account.
- Award will be granted in the form of a voucher from OKRID to RID in the name of the recipient(s) for applying for certification testing.
- Recipient(s) will be selected annually based on the availability of funds. Award recipients must submit the test application and request for a testing date within one year of the award being granted. Failure to apply for and schedule a test within one year will render the voucher void.
- Failure to follow the above rules will render this application void.